Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Satir Change Model

A couple of weeks ago I participated in a workshop with Dan North where he talked about the Satir Change Model, created by Virginia M. Satir. Virgina has worked with family change process and from those experiences she developed the model. The model seems to be applicable in many different change processes and Dan North suggested that it could be used e.g. when introducing change in the software industry.
The Satir Change Model seems to addcress the behavior I have seen when introducing changes and also when undergoing changes myself.

After discovering this model I have talked intensely about it with my colleagues, who also works with introducing change in software development companies. From my limited knowledge of the model so far, it seems to offer the ubiquitous language that we have been lacking when talking about introducing change.


This model hs been added to my backlog of things I would like to be proficient in!


No comments: